Monday, March 19, 2012

Nightwish



Nightwish is a symphonic metal band from Finland. And personally, my most favorite band.
Nightwish is the most popular and succesfull band from Finland, with more than 7 millions albums saled all over the world.
The band was born in Tuomas Holopainen's mind in the summer of 1996, while he was camping. He talked with his friends Tarja Turunen and Emppu Vuorinen; and Jukka Nevalainen joined a little latter, realeasing their first album "Angels Fall First" on 1997, with the song "The Carpenter" as their first single.
Angels Fall First is the only album where Tuomas sings, after that album, he will never sing again anymore unfortunatelly. When they release the album oceanborn in 1998, Sami Vanska joined the band as bassist.
In 2001 or 2002, Sami Vanska was fired from the band, and Marco Hietala from Tarot joined Nightwish as bassist and male vocalist to make duets with Tarja Turunen.
In october 21, 2005, they had a gig in the Hartwall Arena of Helsinki, that show was recorded for a DVD named End Of an Era, because after that show, Tuomas Holopainen gave to Tarja Turunen, their vocalist unill that day, a letter which also was published in the band's webpage where the band fired Tarja Turunen, because of her attitude with the band.
In 2007 Nightwish started to look for their new vocalist, they recieved demos from many women all over the world, more than 2000, and the winner was, the sweddish singer Anette Olzon who was the vocalist of the sweddish band "Alyson Avenue" until then.
Nightwish has realeased 7 albums:

  1. Angels Fall First - 1997
  2. Oceanborn - 1998
  3. Wishmaster - 2000
  4. Century Child - 2002
  5. Once - 2005
  6. Dark Passion Play - 2007
  7. Imaginaerum - 2011


Personally, I love Nightwish, they came to my life in my hardest and darkest moment, when I heard "The Phantom of the Opera" by first time with them, I felt that my life took a better direction. Their music, and every member of the band is so important for me.
I'm sure I'll do more posts about Nightwish, by now, I say goodbye with this beautifull song, a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment